Monday, November 26, 2012

No Sew Burlap Mini Stocking Garland

I wanted to make something easy to use as garland wrap around our Christmas tree this year and I came across this green burlap at Walmart.
 
 
Walmart has green burlap for $2.97 a yard!
 
 
 
I just sketched a stocking onto a piece of card stock and marked it out on the fabric.
 


Flip it over and make a match.
 


 
 
 I started to hand sew them....WAY to much work!

I just used my sons school glue. I'm not filling them with anything, so the glue should hold up. I'm sure you could use fabric glue too and would be able to put stuff in them.
 


 
Once it has tried, trim off the excess around the edges.


I LOVE Martha Stewart's craft line!! Paint, stencil, and glitter for the mini clothes pins to pin to the jute twine.
 




I use a stiff paint brush to stencil and do a "pouncing" stroke over the desired shape.
 








 
Now, I just have to make about 30 more to go around the tree!


Linking To: 
 
 
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special{Primp}
SixSistersStuff.com The Shabby Nest 504 Main

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable and even better it is a no sew

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Tuesday - Saturday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...